Thursday, January 8, 2009

London: Guesstemation = 1 week till im bankrupt

Swiss Air was the greatest experience of my life. After being starved to death by United I nearly cried when i came across my own tv screen, food, swiss chocolate and constant smiling people with German accents. Yes please.
I thoroughly enjoyed my one hour in Switzerland, sitting by myself, snot running constantly down my nose and my head in a book. Apparently it was minus 6 outside and all the mountains and sky were white. We flew over Paris as well but I was on the wrong side of the plane so missed it.
After being given the third reich by UK security I was finally allowed through the gates. However the man wanted to know exactly how much money I had, why exactly I planned on staying for five months without a visa and what the rest of my trip was going to involve. I thought I was going to end up on the UK version of Border Security. At least rebecca would've been proud.
My next challenge was getting my bag on my back.. which is seriously now impossible without a boost from a nearby bench or trolley. Forgetting that my tripod was attatched to the top of my bag, I created a metal sling shot that went straight for my head, multiple times because I was too handicapped by my bag to fix it.
Following signs to the Underground I managed to get the RIGHT train, in the RIGHT direction. Amazing. Two punk kids clad in leather thought I was hilarious with my oversized bag that seems now to ride me like a fucking bull. I just glared at them.
The £7 cab ride to Dylans took me through what looked like the set of where Harry Potter lives. All the houses are the same and in perfect winding rows, the sky is grey and the pavement is cobbled. It is actually colder than New York. Welcome back chillas.
Im now in a state of delerium after not sleeping for over 24hrs and am sitting in a lounge room full of boys from Australia, and the lone man from Ireland. If you concentrate really hard you can understand what he's saying. Sometimes.
The house is like a bigger version of our uni dorm: decorations are items stolen from pubs or around the streets and there's a designated corner for posters of nude women, all amazingly 'signed' by the girls, to the boys of this house.
The guys here are super nice and keep trying to feed us and offer us beer. I actually don't know how many live here.. it's getting a reputation for being a half way house, boasting over 50 straglers passing through in the past year.

Jess & I are currently the only girls here, Miss Tully Anne Smyth arrives tomorrow morning bright and early. Updates are on their way..

3 comments:

One Down, One to Go said...

OMG I could have lived off that story for the rest of my life!!!!!

The great hairy Samson! said...

Your evilness disgusts me bec, behave yourself you rude little girl!

The great hairy Samson! said...

Stef when is the next instalment I paid for a fuckinhg weekly instalment on my weekly package and so far you havn't delivered. sort yourself out bitch!

haha have fun, hairstyler!