Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goodbye NYC (crying)

So im leaving for Zurich in 2hrs.
Slightly worried about a few things..
That I'll get lost somewhere in Switzerland taking a red bus tour in my one hour stop over.. that my phone will die and i wont be able to contact anyone.. that I don't speak German.. and that I have no swiss money. If there is such a thing.
So sad to leave NY and sab's apartment.
Last night Tull and I saw Wicked on Broadway.. despite having no money we decided to buy champagne and I sang (for travis) Give My Regards to Broadway, in a top hat, high kicking down the stairs with coat tails on. The plot was the story of the two witches from The Wizard of Oz and involved a woman running around stage painted green, attending college with the 'good' witch and a lot of midgets on harnesses flying around the expanse of the room. Despite the clear threat of being sued for taking photos in the program, Tully started snapping away undetected until by accident, the flash went off. A very angry woman in uniform was furiously whispering abuse at her and trying to snatch the camera. So we pretending we had no idea what was going on and Tull 'sneakily' put the camera in her pocket.
Despite it sounding like a freak show, it really was one of the best things I've ever seen.

If I make it to London in one piece Ill update this with a few photos..

x

No comments: